The Provincial Government announced funding available to families who have children who are not in school or childcare because of COVID-19. More information here. If you are a parent who is already receiving Support for Parents payments through direct deposit, you will be automatically eligible for this financial support and do not need to submit a new application. (Support for Parents was financial support that was available to parents during education strikes)
Here are a few highlights;
- Eligible parents will receive a one-time per child payment of:
- $200 for children aged 0 to 12
- $250 for children or youth aged 0 to 21 with special need
- There is no income cap on this program
- Only one parent can apply for each child, and the parent who applies should have custody of the child
This funding can help parents with the costs of work books, educational apps, educational subscription services, movies and other tools to support learning at home.