Kids & Us Community Childcare and Family Education Centres is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO is accountable for providing financial expertise, strategic direction, reporting and planning services and decision support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Kids & Us is a not-for-profit charity providing quality childcare and family education services in south-east Grey and Bruce Counties.
- Strong team player, sharp and proven professional with an inquisitive nature
- Possess the skills to anticipate problems and provide forward thinking solutions
- Ability to build and nurture strong relationships with external funders and partners in addition to staff and clients.
- Self-starter with a strong and energetic work ethic, must have a determined yet collaborative style
- Works well with others in a team environment, and carry the ability to work independently.
- Key role of the Administration Team overseeing the organizations operations and financial policies and procedures
- Overall management and day to day operations of the finance and accounting department including but not limited to;
- Preparation of monthly/annual financial statements,
- Cash management,
- Payroll, Insurance and benefits,
- Annual budgeting and Audit
- Accounts payable/receivable,
- Grant/Funding Applications
- IT systems support, and
- Organization reporting activities both internal and external
To be considered for this important role, experience in non-profits with an accounting designation would be beneficial and a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a senior finance position is necessary. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Sage50 are requirements while familiarity with the childcare industry would be a definite asset. Candidates must submit a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check to be eligible for the position. Those interested in this unique opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits package can in confidence send a resume outlining their background and experience by September 21st, 2018.